cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp <sterl...@hanenkamp.com>
Subject OutputModule question/suggestion
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:42:03 GMT
I'm doing some experimentation/research with the
input/output/autoincrement modules and I've noted that the output
modules prefix all attributes set with either the setting in
"key-prefix" or the string
"org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule" and a colon.
The JavaDoc states the reason as:

Configuration option &lt;key-prefix&gt; defaults to
 * "org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule"+":"

but gives no reason as to why this was done. Because of this feature I'm
going to be writing my own OutputModules to duplicate the purpose of the
built-in ones, but without the key-prefix.

My question is, why is the key-prefix used?

My suggestion is, can we have the option to turn it off altogether?
(Remove the whole prefix including the colon so that we have a more
natural 'key'='value' instead of 'prefix:key'='value'.)

Thanks,
Sterling
--
<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><
<>< ><>
  Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp
  http://Andrew.Sterling.Hanenkamp.com/
  sterling@hanenkamp.com / sterling@cis.ksu.edu

  Friends, there comes a time in every man's life where he has to look
the
  potato of injustice right in the eye.           -- Michael Richards,
UHF