cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Wiki (was: Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modu larize it . . .)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:13:11 GMT

On Wednesday, August 7, 2002, at 07:09  AM, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> Cocoon's core Documentation belongs to the Cocoon main web site.

I think this is short-sighted. Take no offense, Ivelin, I thought this
way originally too. However, having struggled with Cocoon docs over the
past few months, given our current system, I'm eager to explore other
opportunities, particularly those that increase the author pool. New
authors are emerging, in spite of the negative viewpoints expressed in
this thread, but I'd like to see if wiki can accelerate that.

> Supporting sites are fine for developing new pieces of docs, but they
> should
> be only refered to as supporting sites, not main sources of information.

I think we need to keep an open mind and be resourceful. If ASF can't
provide what is needed, I think offers from wynona, outerthought, and
anywhere-tech should be seriously considered and welcomed.

> As we've discussed before, hopefully with forrest we will be able to
> allow
> inline notes to the Cocoon main site,
> similarly to PHP's doc pages.

Problem is, this isn't available, and Wiki tools and hosting solutions
are -- right now -- thanks to the generosity of companies like
anywhere-tech and outerthought.

Again, we don't have a dynamic site with ASF to host the inline notes
option yet:  Forrest doesn't even have this capability yet. Ovidiu
suggests he was developing this, as an example of flowscript, but it's
based on Cocoon 2.1 head -- a bit too alpha for Forrest.

-- Diana