cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: zip/gzip serializer?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:38:50 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Enke, Michael" <michael.enke@wincor-nixdorf.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 2:52 PM
Subject: zip/gzip serializer?

> Hi cocooners,

Hi,

> I want to download my generated data in gzipped or zipped
> but I didn't found a gzip or zip serializer in cocoon.
>
> Is it possible in another way to setup this or
> do I have to start writing such a serializer?

Have a look at this link. This will compress Servlet output with a Servlet
Filter.

http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonServletCompressionFilterS
nippet

Another option is to use mod_gzip of Apache httpd for this. (probably
faster as well)

> Regards,
> Michael

Jens

--

jens.lorenz at interface-projects dot de

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany