cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Cocoon-apps CVS module
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 13:18:19 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 7:31 AM
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Cocoon-apps CVS module

> Hi Ivelin,
> In the near future I plan on donating this:
> along with documentation on the pieces of it, why they were used, "best
> practices", etc.  The intent is for this to serve as a
> "pet shop example" minus the recent connotation.  I hope others will
> help refactor it into *best* practices, etc.

Will be nice to have as an app.
I like the app separation idea. I am only concerned with stretching the 2.1
release too far.

> Now, do I think this should be CLOSELY associated with Cocoon (read:
> docs featured on the website, stored
> on, YES)
> Do I think it needs to go in the xml-cocoon2 module?  Not necessarily.
> Do I hope to be a committer of cocoon-apps?  Absolutely (it will be a
> pain in the a** for anyone else to keep up with the patches to
> the bringmethis reverse auctions example).  Do I think that should make
> me a committer to xml-cocoon2 module?  No.
> So while I understand your concerns, I think we need this BECAUSE
> documentation is a priority for Cocoon.
> Secondly, look at the new cocoon documentation wiki:
> Notice the activity!  Its been DAILY!  And already I think there are
> several better examples of how to configure the sitemap
> than in the Cocoon doc body.

Is the final goal for the content to make it in the main doc site?
If so, then it's a good staging board.
I hope it does not evolve on its own and in parallel with the main docs
without synchronization between the two.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message