cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Thanks for fixing JARs in HEAD
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 19:41:59 GMT
> From: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@dff.st]
>
> On Monday 05 August 2002 18:40, Ugo Cei wrote:
> > Ugo Cei wrote:
> > > - HSQLDB connection works
> >
> > Ahem ... sort of. It sometimes works, sometimes not. In order to
have it
> > working reliably I had to remove the hsqldb-server element from
> > cocoon.xconf and start hsqldb manually from the command line before
> > starting Cocoon.
> >
> > Looks like there is a race condition between the startup of hsqldb
and
> > the opening of the connections in the "personnel" pool.
>
> No offense, Vadim!! ...but just rolling back will not make us move
forward.

:)

> Other bugs are now back as well. I have invested some time upgrading
to get
> some bugs fixed.

/me puzzled
What was the issue with old xerces?

> Obviously other (major) bugs were introduced. Sorry for that
> - but the examples were working fine for me.

Huh? For everybody else (me included) they were returning empty pages!

> I'd really like to have a newer xerces within HEAD. So I suggest
tracking down
> the problem(s) should be the way to go...

I'm not sure were the problem was, it might be xalan. But, OTOH, I'm
using only saxon here (it was real "enabling technology" for me, 2-3
times better performance), and fixed some issues with it already
(including xpath support), and I'm sorry, I don't have enough bandwidth
to tackle xerces/xalan issues.

> Of course I will help as good as I can..

You can find out what's the problem with xerces/xalan was. And, when all
samples are working, nobody will object if you upgrade them.

PS Why don't wait for the next release instead of using CVS versions?

Vadim