cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: [RACOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization(Cocoonplugins))
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 14:37:15 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> Leigh Dodds wrote:
> >>Since we are talking about code, CVS logs are our WIKI.
> >>That's the intention.
> >

> > You're not serious?
> >
> > I'm not talking about file level changes, I'm talking about design
> documents,
> > project roadmaps, proposals, etc. How do they get put into a CVS
log?

> I commit the change, it gets reviewed there, live.
> If I want to make a document I commit it, and others change it, I get
> notified via log, I change again or discuss, etc.
>
> I don't see what a WIKI brings developers more than VCSes.

Nicola,

I think you missed the point. We have lots of RTs, discussions, etc, and
the only way to get them is through archives, or sometimes some good
soul [summary]izes them, and again, these summaries are available in the
archive. Wiki will allow to keep this information online, browsable, and
*editable*.

You are not proposing to use CVS instead of mail-list, are you? ;)

Vadim