cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Simple proposal to add "flushing" to Store components
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:24:59 GMT
> From: Michael Melhem [mailto:michaelm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net]
>
> Dear Cocooners,
>
> I would to like add a manual flushing ability
> to Store/Cache objects. That is, a method to emtpy
> a store component of all the data its currently holding.
>
> This would be useful during appliction testing, if one needed to
ensure
> the cache is empty before a particualr request etc .
>
> Moreover an adminstration application might want to manually flush
> the cache of some cocoon application running in production land etc
etc

> Does any anyone see any issues with this little enhancememt, comments
?

Flushing or clearing? In MRU memory store, flush might mean "flush to
persistent store". I would suggest to use name clear(), and it is
consistent with collections API.

There is one issue with your proposal though: first, you have to
convince Avalon guys: Store components were moved to the Excalibur.

Vadim