cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: How to pass authentication data to a Source?
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 02:20:52 GMT
> From: Conal Tuohy [mailto:conalt@paradise.net.nz]
>
> I am writing a Source or Sources to provide access to mail stored on
pop3,
> imap, etc servers. In some cases the Source will need to log in to the
mail
> server, so I need a way to pass the credentials to my Source.
>
> It seems to me that the Source can implement Configurable,
Contextualizable,
> or Parameterizable, and then extract the credentials from its
Configuration,
> Context, or Parameter. Is that right? Any suggestions? Can anyone
point me
> at some code which implements something similar?

Context is one per application, Configuration and Parameters are one per
Source type (in your case - one configuration per all instances of
MailSource).

I would suggest embedding auth parameters into the URL, as this is done
with ftp and http protocols:

http://username:password@host:port/path/file.ext#anchor

Vadim