cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <>
Subject RE: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 16:13:14 GMT
> From: Ugo Cei []
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> <snip/>
>     2.  Offensive Slang. Used as a disparaging term for a
> Black person.
> Quindi qualcuno potrebbe interpretare CLEANCOON come
> "negraccio pulito" ;-).

My wife, who happens to be black, has a great retort for someone
using the term "Coon" (usually by a group of people known as
"Red Necks" an equally derogatory term).  BTW, for those not
familiar with the American stereotypes, the "Red Neck" is accused
of the following:

* Intensive inbreeding (living up in those isolated mountains)
* Not too bright or hiegenic ("I done had my bath last May!")
* Loving guns
* Hating people with darker hues of skin tone, or essentially any
  other minority group.
* Drive pickups with gun racks in the back

One of these characters pulled up next to my wife when she was
in college, calling her a "'Coon" (short for Racoon because of the
black eyes).  Her response?  "Oh, please.  You couldn't even spell
Coon."  He had no response.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message