cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Spaces in URLs
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:52:45 GMT
> From: Amir Rosen [mailto:amir@cti2.com]
>
> > Done.  Check it out and test it.
> >

> It works (Thanks).

Your welcome.

> I think there's still a problem with the URL encoding, but
> I'm not sure it's cocoon's bug or something to do with my web
> container (websphere 4.0.3). I'm sending the URL as UTF8, but
> the string I get is not decoded properly. any clues ?

The only thing I can think of is to use the other decode() method
in the URLDecoder.  The problem is that it only exists in JDK 1.4.

URLDecoder has one method in JDK 1.2 - JDK 1.3.x, and two methods
in JDK 1.4:

uri = URLDecoder.decode( uri ); // exists in JDK 1.2+

uri = URLDecoder.decode( uri, encoding ); // only exists in JDK 1.4+

That would require more conditional compiling, and I am not liking
that.  Perhaps someone else can shed some light on this.