cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <>
Subject RE: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 16:01:21 GMT
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I experienced recently a customer which preferred JSP/Struts
> to Cocoon.
> Cocoon seemed really a nice thing to them, allowing their app
> to be more
> cleanly built than with Struts, but they were afraid of both its
> stability and the important learning curve, even if my
> company was able
> to provide support and consulting.

The learning curve does have to be lessoned.

> However, such a bug would have been easily found if we had both
> repeatable unit and functional testing. Testing Avalon components and
> SAX-based components may not be easy, but we have to do it in
> order to
> improve the stability and our confidence in the code base.

Testing SAX based components is more difficult than testing Avalon
Avalon does have a TestCase framework that extends Junit to provide a
container, logger, etc. so that a component can be tested in its native

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message