cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject RE: How to pass authentication data to a Source?
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 06:32:22 GMT
> > It seems to me that the Source can implement Configurable,
> Contextualizable,
> > or Parameterizable, and then extract the credentials from its
> Configuration,
> > Context, or Parameter. Is that right? Any suggestions? Can anyone
> point me
> > at some code which implements something similar?
>
> Context is one per application, Configuration and Parameters
> are one per
> Source type (in your case - one configuration per all instances of
> MailSource).
>
> I would suggest embedding auth parameters into the URL, as
> this is done
> with ftp and http protocols:
>
> http://username:password@host:port/path/file.ext#anchor

Thanks Vadim - I'll go with that.

Just to get this clear though - if my Source was a Generator instead, could
I pass parameters to it on a per-pipeline basis, just by implementing
Parameterizable?

e.g.

<map:match pattern="mail/*/*/*">
	<map:generate type="mail" src="{1}">
		<map:parameter name="username" value="{2}">
		<map:parameter name="password" value="{3}">
	</map:generate>
	etc.