cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From koen_pellegr...@inventivedesigners.com
Subject RE: [Vote] Build System: Switching to Ant Available task
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:00:07 GMT

isn't this exactly why Ant has the build.sysclasspath property?

K.

                    "Vadim Gritsenko"

                    <vadim.gritsenko@ve        To:     <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    rizon.net>                 cc:

                                               Subject:     RE: [Vote] Build System: Switching
to Ant Available task
                    16-07-02 14:47

                    Please respond to

                    cocoon-dev

> From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
>
> The latest build system distinguishes between jdk 1.2/1.3 and jdk 1.4.
> The resulting target should only be used with the jdk used to
> build Cocoon.
>
> We created our own ant task, the class-available task, to avoid some
> dependency problems. Usually ant searches for classes not only in
> the path set in the build file but also in the system classpath.
>
> So, if this feature is used and you build with JDK 1.4 you have
> for example the jndi classes in your path and the optional components
> depending on this classes are also build and added to the web
> application. If you now run this with a JDK 1.3 where the jndi classes
> are missing, you might get problems...
> So, these cases are the main reason for our own task.
>
> But with our own task the jndi classes of the JDK 1.4 are not found
> as our class-available task only searches in the "local" classpath
> but not in the system classpath. Therefore the optional components
> are never build.
>
> So, we have two options:
> a) Change the "local" classpath and add for example the "rt.jar".
> b) Switch to the original ant task and assume that when you build
>    Cocoon with a given (system)classpath that this will also be
>    the classpath you use for running Cocoon.

 c) Switch to the original ant task and empty (system)classpath, thus
    only rt.jar and ext/endorsed libraries are included.

Vadim