cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From koen_pellegr...@inventivedesigners.com
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Extending Sitemap Error Handling
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:20:15 GMT

Now, this I like; don't try to reinvent the wheel, but stick with what we
know.
If we make this a new component, all other functionality can continue to
exist and we can us all these features with the new generator.

+1 !!

One question though, what happens if I use this NotifyingBuilder in a
pipline that causes an error and calls the NotifyingBuilder pipline that
causes an error and calls the NotifyingBuilder that causes an error and...?

(damn recursion...)

my €0.2

K.

                    Nicola Ken

                    Barozzi              To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    <nicolaken@ap        cc:

                    ache.org>            Subject:     Re: [PROPOSAL] Extending Sitemap
Error Handling

                    10-07-02

                    17:10

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

<snip/>

I really don't know what is best here, but I have a proposal that comes
to me now...

The NotifyingBuilder is something that converts Exceptions and
Notifyings in xml... basically a Generator!
But with the difference that it imposes you a fixed dtd, and can be used
also with non-sax sources.

So, what about adding a NotifyingBuilder as a Sitemap Component?

<components>
  <notifying-builders>
   <notifying-builder name="default"
                      classname="org.apache.xxx.NotifyingBuilder">
    <type name="404" src="org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException"/>
    <type name="500" src="org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException"/>
    <type name="access-denied" src="java.lang.SecurityException"/>
    <type name="my-error-case" src="my.app.someSpecificException"/>
   </notifying-builder>
  </notifying-builders>
</components>

   <map:handle-errors>
    <map:match type="error" pattern="access-denied">
      <map:notifying-builder/>
      <map:transform src="accessDenied.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize/>
    </map:match>
   </map:handle-errors>

Just a RT...

>> Keep calm Stefano, I know you get nervous when Sylvain and I discuss
>> at this speed, but believe me, we are communicating, it's not noise ;-P
>
> Sure we're communicating ! Why does Stefano get nervous ? Because we
> sometimes communicate loudly ?

Guess so, and because we are sooooo much verbooose and fast ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -