cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: New sunBow Preview
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:11:44 GMT
Gianugo,

at the moment we are planning on releasing sunBow "at least" in a commercial
way.

Saying that, I will however pass on your email to "the powers that decide"
here and we will look into other options in the coming weeks.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
Cocoon book:
  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735712352/needacake-20

-----Original Message-----
From: Gianugo Rabellino [mailto:gianugo@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 12:40 PM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: New sunBow Preview

Matthew Langham wrote:

> The newest preview version of our Cocoon IDE plugin for eclipse - sunBow -
> is now available. More information here:
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0108489/2002/07/31.html#a6

Wow, cool stuff! Good to know that for the next 30 days I will be able
to edit XML files in Eclipse in a reasonable way. :-)

Are there any defined plans for the product? Will it be commercial or
OSS? I'm asking because (well... I wanted to wait a few more days before
releasing it but this is a good moment to speak out ;-)) I'm working on
a small Cocoon debugger, and I was thinking about switching to an
Eclipse plugin instead of a standalone Swing app. It's nothing fancy
ATM, but it serves well enough my needs of stepping through pipeline
stages. If there is any interest on your side, we might share ideas and
code...

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino