cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Luca Morandini" <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Remove SQLTransformer in 2.1
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 17:29:17 GMT

Vadim & Andrew,

first:
thanks.

second:
I don't want to rain on your parade, but...
from an architectural point of view: is "resolver.resolve("cocoon://dynamic-sql")" in XSP
so much better than "document()" in XSLT ?

Yes, the first is cached, and I agree (up to a point, though) that SQL queries belong to generation
rather than transformation, but
this resolver breaks the beauty of the sitemapm: having all pipelines pieces in one place.

Anyway, I think that this concern may be overcome when the URI is passed to the resolver via
a sitemap parameter... I should try
this.

Best regards,

P.S.
A personal note, I use SQLTransformer not because "ESQL is more hidden in the documentation"
but because it supported stored
procedures long before EQSL.

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant