cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject RE: Releasing 2.0.3?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:20:59 GMT

Diana Shannon wrote:
> On Thursday, July 11, 2002, at 06:35  AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > So, we need do to the following:
> >
> > a) Testing if everything works, espcially with regards to the different
> >    JVMs - I did a quick SQL test with both versions and they both
> >    worked.
> >
> > b) Update the documentation to include the "jvm-target" property etc.
> > This
> >    should also go into the README
> >
> > c) Layout the distribution
>    d) Check your docs for any 2.1-specific references and flag them (with
> <note> or similar).
> I may not get through each and every doc, so if you know the docs you
> have
> contributed have 2.1-specific content (either the doc as a whole or
> specific
> content within), please flag them as such. A while back, we decided on
> this list
> to sync HEAD and release docs to make it easier on committers working on
> docs.
> This included the provision that all 2.1-oriented docs would be noted to
> readers.
> I have added this info to a number of docs already, but I haven't
> concluded my general
> inventory of *all* docs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
> realize this is a bit of a
> manual hack, and I look forward to Forrest transition (coming soon) and
> solving this
> more elegantly, but I think the priority ATM should be user-friendly
> docs, however
> we achieve it.

> FYI, the only docs not synced remain changes.xml, todo.xml,
> sitemap.xmap, installing/index.xml, and
> installing/jars.xml.
changes.xml can't be synced as their are different changes to the
different versions.

> > Ah, and finally a release date. If no problems or big bugs are found, I
> > would propose monday, 15th of July.
> +1. Also, Carsten, let's include some language with the release notice
> about all the new
> docs accompanying it. We have *lots* of new content since 2.0.2. I'll
> provide a count if that helps!
A list would be better...but, yes, that's a good idea. Can someone
help us here?

> FYI: I'll update the live site for docs on Sunday if that works with
> this schedule.
No, it doesn't help - because the docs need to be updated *after*
the release as we have for example the version number somewhere in
the docs etc. and it might be that something goes wrong during
the release on monday.

I won't prevent you from updating the docs on Sunday, but we need
to update them again after the release.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message