cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: compiling/running dev-snapshot [was: Re: Delaying the release?]
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 07:53:30 GMT
Michael Enke wrote:

> What is the difference between HEAD and 2.0.3 branch?
The HEAD branch is the development branch for 2.1. Everything there
is considered alpha as we are testing out some new concepts and
features.

> I'm also such a poor guy who is limited to port 80,
> so I use the dev-snapshot. What is the dev-snapshot? 2.0.3 or HEAD?
I assume it's HEAD, you can verify this by looking into the build.xml
file which contains the version number.

> I downloaded xml-cocoon2_20020702162200.tar.gz
> What is the javac version excalibur is compiled?

The last time I did it, it was JDK 1.4 with 1.2 compatibility mode.

> From compiling I get a lot of warnings about javadoc:
> Constructing Javadoc information...
> Standard Doclet version 1.4.0
> warning - Tag @see cannot be used in inline documentation.
> warning - @created is an unknown tag.
> Generating /home/me/xml-cocoon2/build/cocoon/javadocs/help-doc.html...
> 36 warnings

Ignore them...some of us have invented new tags....

> If I start tomcat (4.0.3 on Linux SuSE 7.2) I get a "Resource not found":
This should be due to the movement of the samples. Try to
invoke "http://localhost/cocoon/samples/welcome".

Carsten