cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Q] Conceptual difficulties
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:37:53 GMT

Per Kreipke wrote:
> <snip/>
>
> - is the Cocoon Source object the same as the Source in Excalibur (doesn't
> seem so, yet they both seem to be used)?
In 2.0.3 (or from 2.0 to 2.0.4-dev) only the Cocoon source object is used.
We moved the source resolving to excalibur and starting with 2.1 only the
excalibur source resolving is used. As this is an incompatible change,
this will happen when we release 2.1. There are additional wrapper classes
to maintain as much compatibility as possible.

> - does the resolver automatically cache the source object if possible, and
> also watch for changes (it doesn't seem as if any of the Source's are
> caching)?

The current impl. does no caching - it is possible to implement it.

> - the sun* code expects config information directly in the sitemap instead
> of a separate file. When using the compiled sitemap, that's a
> real nuisance.
> Is there a way around that?

I assume you mean the sunshine, sunrise etc. code and not something from
Sun...
No, there is no way around it - again with 2.1 the interpreted sitemap
is used instead and this is no longer a problem. Remember, the sunshine
components are for the 2.0.3 branch in the scratchpad.

> - when you access the application context in the sun* code, is it
> accessing
> a single copy for everyone? Where is it actually stored?

Yes, each user has his own context. It's therefore stored in the session.

Carsten