cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: 2.0.3 Release?
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 06:32:21 GMT
Stuart Roebuck wrote

> Sorry to repost this, but there are a lot of significant fixes in 2.0.3
> which we need to be able to install on our live server.

Believe me, you are by far not the only one waiting for this release.

> I have just tried the latest CVS version of 2.0.3 and it brought our
> live server down again with the same Avalon problems as before, I assume
> that means that the Avalon classes in the current CVS of 2.0.3 are still
> JVM 1.4 compiled.
>
> Am I wrong?

Yes, they are compiled with 1.4 in 1.2 compatible mode.

As I pointed out several times in the last days/weeks (and really get boring
of doing so),
we need to fix the 1.4 problems before we can do a 2.0.3 release:

1. We need two distributions and therefore two versions of excalibur
2. We have to fix the "startup order of components" problem which makes
currently
   the hsqldb unusable with 1.4. This can either be done by addressing this
   problem in excalibur or by removing hsqldb from the cocoon servlet.

So, any patches and help is welcome.

Carsten