cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [PROBLEM]: XSLTC does not work
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 06:21:56 GMT

Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> Sorry for the delayed response, my PC power supply burnt.
>

> Would it be too painful to do what Jeremy is when XSLTC is broken?
> I though we all felt that long term we want XSLTC as the main Cocoon
> processor.
> Making XSLTC  default now in 2.1-dev is the only reasonably fast
> way to have
> it working for the next major release.
> Otherwise it's just taking way too long for individuals to test
> it while the
> XSLTC team is pretty fast at resolving issues.
> I think we should take advantage of their current availability.
> Having a 5x faster processor is just too tempting to miss.

Yes, *if* it would work! With the current implementation, not a
single example is working! So, it doesn't matter if it's fast now.

> If you think I'm wrong, vote against, otherwise vote for keeping XSLTC as
> default for now.

Ok, here is my -1.

You are right, that we should activate it in order to find bugs. But
if nothing is working at all, all the other work is slowed down. If most
samples are working, we can activate XSLTC and iron out the
remaining bugs, but not any sooner. Sorry.

Carsten