cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: [Q] Returning XSP errors on incorrect use of a logicsheet...
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:17:01 GMT
The stack trace shows that JavaLanguage.compile() is the routine that emits
the message:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: LanguageException:  Error compiling
foo.xsp: Line 0, column 0: error: java.io.IOException: read error 1 error

The section in compile() that emits all the errors known by the compiler
object _is_ looping through them but I suspect that the transformer hasn't
put any useful info in that error array.

Right above that stack trace in core.log is a bunch of exceptions thrown by
various stages in the transformer thread (all are thrown from a
org.apache.xalan.transformer.* class, not a single Cocoon class in the
bunch). My question would be how does one hook into the Xalan errors and
return them through Cocoon to the user?

Per