cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject Having all the sitemaps in one directory
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 16:14:11 GMT
Hi colleagues!

An idea just came to me: what if all the sitemap files where located under
the WEB-INF directory and be mounted from the one that is called 'sitemap'
(or configured on xconf)? So, there can be:
	sitemap.xmap - the root sitemap
	samples.xmap - samples sub-sitemap
	docs.xmap - documentation sub-sitemap

This can serve for two purposes: better security (it's said that WEB-INF is
the most secure place in webapp context) and better managebility.

E.g. for Forrest I definitely see a need for sub-sitemaps, otherwise we will
end up with a huge and messy sitemap, but as Forrest should pull
documentation from multiple projects (from CVS) which does not contain any
sitemaps, so we are stuck to a single sitemap.

What do you think? Is it possible now? This should be as simple as using
another name (not 'sitemap') for the subsitemap and specify the needed 'src'
in map:mount. Am I right?

Konstantin