cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Question was: Re: [RT] reconsidering pipeline semantics
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 12:28:59 GMT
> From: Justin Fagnani-Bell [mailto:justin@paraliansoftware.com]
>
> I hope this isn't to dumb a question, but I've been wondering
> it for a
> while:
>
> What's the difference between having two pipelines with one matcher
> each, and one pipeline with two matchers?

If there is no other difference in pipeline declarations, then none.

Pipelines can differ by:
	- visibility: internal (not accessible for external requests) or
normal
	- error handling: using different <handle-errors>s.
	- cachability (since 2.1): some requests can use cached responses
from caching pipeline, while the others should not be cached, so you should
use non-caching pipeline implementation
	- logical grouping: you can group logically related parts into
separate pipelines

Pipelines can also have an 'id', but I don't know how it's used, so you can
have different 'id's for your pipelines.

Maybe I've forgot something, but this should be enough for understanding.

Konstantin