cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hassan Abolhassani" <Hassan.Abolhass...@razorfish.com>
Subject XSP encoding
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:17:03 GMT
I would like to insert some Japanese character inside xsp pages. For that I tried following
declaration:

<xsp:page encoding="Shift_JIS"
  xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
  xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
  xmlns:xsp-session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0" >

Shift_JIS is the needed encoding. But when I put Japanese character i receive wrong characters.

With or without encoding declaration in xsp:page, when i have data come from a java class
like for example <xsp:expr>r.getName()</xsp:expr>, i can see Japanese characters.

Could anyone tell me what might be wrong. XSP internals document says:

-------------------
   Markup Encoding
       Method getEncoding is implemented by class XSPMarkupLanguage by retrieving the  attribute
named encoding in the root <xsp:page> element.

      In absence of a <xsp:page> root element, the encoding will be retrieved from an
attribute named xsp:encoding present in the "user" root element.

Should i put encoding in user root element?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Hassan