cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Fagnani-Bell <jus...@paraliansoftware.com>
Subject Re: Best way to start developing an application based on C2.1
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:08:51 GMT
I haven't put too much thought into my process, but it works pretty
well. I use ant (which came with tomcat), with very little modifications
to the build.xml file that came with it. I did have to change some of it
to get non java files (resources) to end up in the right spot to access
via the resource:// pseudo-protocol.

In my server.xml file for tomcat I set the reloadable attribute of
<Context> to true. This way I don't need to restart Tomcat when I
recompile, just hit reload. Performance might take a hit but it's nice
for development.

My only complaint is that when I compile, it compiles all the sources,
not just the ones that have changed, anyway around this? I don't have
ant setup to jar the class files.

Justin