cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Coetmeur, Alain" <alain.coetm...@caissedesdepots.fr>
Subject RE: Excel generator
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:54:55 GMT

you may look at
extenXLS  (without a D)

this is an XLS read and write library...
commercial but cheap.

not very smart but do most of what most need:

- read data in excel spreadsheet
(get some numbres, strings, and formula computed numeric values)
- write some data in a tempalete excel file
(make a spread sheet, and let your program change the values
and produce the result)

we have used it for some project when we receive by mail
gathered indicators computed by the spreadsheet,
from departments secretaries...
ther are some bugs with turnaround (fils must have some mimimum weight)...

we would have prefered POI but it was not supporting formula computed values
at this time...

the "template" mode of extenxls is a good idea with XML since
all you have to emit