cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Cocoon Organization
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:00:46 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> We should split Cocoon into core development and component development
> efforts, much like Avalon does with Framework and Excalibur.  That will
> allow the components to be packaged in jars that serve a similar
> purpose.

Yes, +1, go for it, hippy-ya-ye-o! This is badly needed.

The problem is how to split actually. Based on functionality (i.e
cocoon-sql.jar, cocoon-xmldb.jar, cocoon-ldap.jar), by Cocoon role
(cocoon-generators.jar, cocoon-actions.jar), by status
(cocoon-stable.jar, cocoon-scratchpad.jar, cocoon-beta.jar) or by what?

It doesn't seem to me an easy task, but someone has to do it...

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino