cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <coli...@mminternet.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Flowmaps
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:05:27 GMT

Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

> On 6/18/02 7:59 AM, "Sylvain Wallez" <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
> >
> >> Guys,
> >>
> >> I'm really overwhelmed by your reaction to the flow idea! Thanks all for
> >> sharing your thoughts!
> >>
> >> First of all, I think the thanks should go to Christian Queinnec, who came
> >> up with the idea, and to Christopher Oliver, who implemented continuations
> >> in Rhino. I just put all the things together and implement the support in
> >> Cocoon.
> >
> > A question about Christopher Oliver : is he using Cocoon, or is he using
> > the continuation-enabled version of Rhino in another context ?
>
> I think he's using the modified Rhino in another context.

Actually, yes, I see a number of applications of Rhino with continuations which I
plan to look into (as time permits) but building web applications is one of them. I
have a strong interest in helping Ovidiu and other Cocoon developers finish the
flow layer so that the ideas behind it can be validated (in terms of widespread
use) by the user community.

As far as Rhino is concerned I have been in contact with Norris Boyd, the main
developer, and I think that the continuations-enabled interpreter will be added to
the trunk in the near future.

Regards,

Chris