cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: grammar-based pipeline configuration [Re: doctype questions]
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:08:13 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote
>> We would have a situation like this:
>>
>> <map:match pattern="*.html">
>>   <map:generate src="*.xml">
>>   <map:match public-id="-//APACHE//DTD FAQ V1.1//EN"
>> type="doctypematcher">
>>     <map:transform src="faq2document.xsl"/>
>>   </map:match>
>>   <map:match public-id="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"
>> type="doctypematcher">
>>     <map:transform src="docbook2document.xsl"/>
>>   </map:match>
>>   <map:call resource="skinit">
>>     <map:parameter name="type" value="document2html"/>
>>   </map:call>
>> </map:match>
>>

> IMO, it's time to tackle this problem seriously, as there are many use
> cases where pipeline construction is driven by what comes out from its
> beginning : your DTDs above, SOAP requests, XForm validations, etc.

Thanks Sylvain.

While a reference to a grammar is effectively hidden *inside* a
document/SAX stream (on the LexicalHandler or ContentHandler level,
depending whether it is a DTD reference or an XSD SchemaLocation
attribute) - I interprete those as merily metadata to the document.

I gather the proposed solution to this is suboptimal due to
DOM-dependency? Why consider an Action to be more appropriate for this
than a Matcher?

</Steven>