cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Extending Sitemap Error Handling
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:46:12 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Michael Melhem wrote:
>>>Currently, an implicit <map:generate type="!notifying-generator!"/> is
>>>added as the first statement of <handle-errors> (see
>>>HandleErrorsNode.invoke() in treeprocessor).
>>>What about making this explicit so we can choose other generators as
>>>well, such as a standard file generator to display for example a nice
>>>"page not found" page using some site-wide stylesheets ?
>>> <match type="error" pattern="not-found">
>>>   <generate type="file" src="notfound.xml"/>
>>>   <transform src="skin/doc2html.xsl"/>
>>>   <serialize/>
>>> </match>
>>> <!-- fallback -->
>>> <generate type="notifying"/>
>>> <transform src="system/error2html.xsl"/>
>>> <serialize/>
>>I like the idea of an explicit generator in the handle-errors...but
>>doesnt this open up the sitemap handle-errors block for abuse?
>Oh god, this discussion is old as hell.

Well, if this discussion comes again after so much time, isn't it
because the problem is still there ?

As stated in the post you refer to, "you only need one way to XML-ize
error information". This proposal doesn't break this, but allows people
to generate *something else* when the error-handler doesn't display the
error itself, as shown by "notfound.xml" above.

Sylvain Wallez

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message