cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove SQLTransformer in 2.1
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 01:46:42 GMT

> ESQL is certainly more developed, but it is not a replacement.  Where
> in SQLTransformer do you suspect code rot?  Have people been
> experiencing problems with it?

Open up the sourceode for the transformer, look at the amount of
repetitive code.. . The SQL Transformer is also some many factors slower
than ESQL.  There is no shared source between them so fixes to each have
to be done seperately.  For instance I needed support for big numbers, I
had to work in both places for consistancy.

-Andy