cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Extending Sitemap Error Handling
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:14:36 GMT
Per Kreipke wrote:

>Will whatever the new syntax is allow something like this?
>
><!-- Symbolic only, actual syntax may vary -->
><map:handle-errors exception="org.foo.com.RedirectException">
>  <!-- RedirectException puts destURL in the sitemap parameters -->
>  <map:redirect-to href="{destURL}" />
></map:handle-errors>

Yes, and it already can.

>That's be nice, then I could actually redirect from generators (and even
>transformers, etc).

Mmhhh... be very careful with that : Cocoon uses pipelining, and so some
data can be sent to the client browser *before* the generator (or any
other pipeline component) has finished its job.

This means that when you fall into the error handler, redirect may not
work because a partial response has already been sent.

--
Sylvain Wallez