cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Extending Sitemap Error Handling
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:12:19 GMT

Per Kreipke wrote:
> Will whatever the new syntax is allow something like this?
>
> <!-- Symbolic only, actual syntax may vary -->
> <map:handle-errors exception="org.foo.com.RedirectException">
>   <!-- RedirectException puts destURL in the sitemap parameters -->
>   <map:redirect-to href="{destURL}" />
> </map:handle-errors>
>
> That's be nice, then I could actually redirect from generators (and even
> transformers, etc).

Exactly what I want to prohibit.

Error handling should *not* redirect or create loops.
If it's part of the flow, use an Action to tell it to the next
components, not exceptions, which are... exceptional ;-)

Redirecting is generally not needed, and Cocoon was made so to not make
erdirects part of the necessary flow.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -