cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Cocoon CLI] logging with Treeprocessor too verbose
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:39:27 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Before treeprocessor, the CLI just said what it was traversing
> and made good output for the user.
>
> Now on level -INFO there are so many messages that I have to turn it
> off completely.
> Should we revert the behaviour?

Remember our discussion on log levels : debug is for debugging the class
(i.e. targeted at developpers) while info is to know what the class does.

In the case of the sitemap engine, logging an info message when a
matcher matches helps the user to know the path taken in the sitemap to
process a request.

IMO, this kind of info isn't needed in CLI, so I would raise the default
CLI log level to warn.

> Also, each broken link shows a stacktrace, which really sucks.

It's broken links that suck ;)

> Is it ok if we remove it?

What do you want to remove ? The stacktrace or the whole message when a
broken link is encoutered ?

I'm -1 for removing the whole message : it's bad to ignore broken links.
If you don't see them, you may deploy broken pages on a live site.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez