cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Getting a parser
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 12:16:11 GMT
Hi people,

I need to get an handle to a parser in a Generator I am currently
writing. So, I've copied a couple of lines from the ESQL logicsheet
(2.0.3dev) because I remembered it did something like that. This is what
I came up with:

	import org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.Parser;

	parser = (Parser) manager.lookup(Parser.ROLE);

This works, but the compiler complains that Parser is deprecated, and
indeed the javadocs says that I should use the Avalon XML Parser.

So, if I want to make the compiler happy and avoid having my code break
in the future, what am I supposed to do? Does anyone have a correct code
snippet for getting an XML Parser?

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/