cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon2/src/webapp sitemap.xmap
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 13:51:01 GMT

Tim Myers wrote:
> to stuff your own little projects, (assuming you're in unix)
> it's super convenient to add this to the cocoon sitemap:
>
>  <map:pipeline>
>     <map:match pattern="~*/**">
>       <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="/home/{1}/public_html/" uri-prefix="~{1}"/>
>       <!--
>          This is an example of using a sitemap variable: "{1}" Curly
>      brackets denote sitemap variables, here the one named "1".
>       -->
>     </map:match>
>
>     <map:match pattern="~*">
>       <map:redirect-to uri="{0}/"/>
>     </map:match>
>
>   </map:pipeline>
>
> then stick whatever kindof automounting sitemap you want in your
> public_html directory.
>
> the greatest benefit of this, is if everyone on your shared system sets up
> their vm this way,  you can test stuff on someone else's if yours is acting
> strange or you have patched it one way or another.

I've created an automounted sitemap called "userhomes" that does the
automounting to a pattern like

    server/cocoon-webapp/userhomes/~*/**

I preferred to keep the main sitemap clean so to be able to remove this
sitemap with a dir delete.

See if it works ok, and thank you :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -