cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xerces 2.0.2
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 17:51:07 GMT

Torsten Curdt wrote:
> I was trying to upgrade HEAD to xerces 2.0.2 but I am getting a very strange
> error :-/ (with catalina 4.0.4-b2-01)
>
> Cocoon servlet threw an Exception while trying to close stream.
> java.io.IOException: Cannot find message associated with key
> 'responseStream.suspended'
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseStream.flush(ResponseStream.java:237)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1126)
>

> ...I couldn't hardly belief this comes from a different xerces version :-/
> but the cvs version seem to work...
>
> In order to find the cause of this error I updated the xerces, xalan and
> xml-apis combo to their latest CVS versions. Still no luck :-(
>
> I am a bit stumped... anyone an idea? I don't know where to start debugging
> actually...

Look at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1126)

         } finally {
             if (ctxMap != null) ctxMap.clear();
             try{
                  ServletOutputStream out = res.getOutputStream();
                  out.flush();
                  out.close();
             }
             catch(Exception e){
               log.error("Cocoon servlet threw an Exception while trying
               to close stream.", e);
             }

         }

I added this because the servlet should close the stream.

Maybe we should check if it's open... but them, who closed it?
Xerces?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -