cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Internal Pipelines (was: [RT] reconsidering pipeline semantics)
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 09:50:29 GMT
Christian Haul wrote:

>Sylvain,
>
>I'm still trying to fully understand flow and the treeprocessor. I
>have the impression, that sending a page does not access internal-only
>pipelines. I found that sendPage uses a redirector to actually send
>the page in AbstractInterpreter.java. Any idea how this can be marked
>as an internal request?

The redirector used (ForwardRedirector) handles the special "cocoon:"
protocol as internal redirects (aka "forward") which should consider the
request as internal.

However, I noticed Carsten has added a processInternal() method to
Processor and I wonder if there is some side-effects that break internal
pipelines. Can you check if internal pilepelines still work as expected
(using a simple cocoon: source) ? I unfortunately have no time to do it
myself.

BTW, Carsten, I like very much this new processInternal() as it returns
a pipeline object. This should make it very easy to implement pipeline
services.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez