cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon Blocks
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 20:42:38 GMT
J.Pietschmann wrote:
> BTW the .xtarget files from forrest are ectually
> external entities, not even XML (yuck! again).

That's why I didn't use .xml
The sucky name had to match the sucky hack ;-)

> Entities suck. Isn't there a way to use <ant>
> for structuring the build description?

There is, and in fact the beta 2 of Centipede does just that.
But this also makes the build slower and uses more memory.

I have submitted a patch to Ant to support <import file="filename"/>,
and with the help of others it's becoming more and more polished :-)

So yes, the entities will go away :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -