cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: [RT] reconsidering pipeline semantics
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 08:53:51 GMT
"J.Pietschmann" wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >  - deprecate 'internal-only' attribute of 'map:pipeline'
> >    [because named pipelines become implicitly internal-only]
> I use something like the following:
>      <xsl:for-each select=
>        "document(concat('cocoon://int/news/',$pubdir))/files/file">
>        <xsl:sort select="@last-modified"/>
>          <xsl:value-of select="document(@name)/document/header/title">
>          <xsl:value-of select="substring(
>          document(@name)/document/header/abstract,1,42)">
>      </xsl:for-each>

I personally don't like the document() function of XSLT. I normally
suggest to use an xinclude stage to perform aggregation when the
structure of the aggregation is not fixed, but that's really up to you.

> and in the sitemap
>    <map:pipeline internal-only="yes">
>       <map:match pattern="int/news/*">
>         <map:generate type="directory" src="/my/news/{1}"/>
>         <map:transform src="xslt/newsfilter.xsl"/>
>         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>       </map:match>
>    </map:pipeline>
> Is there a better way to solve this kind of problem?
> (I worked around the caching issue).

if you use named pipelines you could do

    <map:pipeline name="news">
       <map:match pattern="*">
         <map:generate type="directory" src="/my/news/{1}"/>
         <map:transform src="xslt/newsfilter.xsl"/>
         <map:serialize type="xml"/>

and then call it with

> How will this be solved without internal-only pipelines?
> The $pubdir is curently a parameter but there are reasons
> to have it been taken from input XML in some cases. In
> any case, aggregation seems not to be quite right.

Why? what's the problem you are experiencing?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message