cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: serializer sending gzip compressed html
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:41:46 GMT
Jens Lorenz wrote:

> Well, IMHO there are still some cases where a GZIPSerializer might
> be useful. But thanks to you Luca and Stefano for opening my eyes
> for the world outside Cocoon.

You are welcome.

Anyway, I believe that a HTML-gzipping-serializer is a bad idea because
is mixes concerns: GZIP compression is a property of the transport layer
and should be transparent.

As for lack of caching: I also think that Cocoon should stop caching its
generated resources and just try to be more proxy friendly. But that is
another story.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.