cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [doc] policy for authorship credit
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 12:39:09 GMT

Diana Shannon wrote:
> Although I really don't like bylines at all in this context, especially
> for core docs, I think we need to keep them as an incentive for new
> authors to contribute docs (i.e. get "rewarded" with some visibility for
> their effort). It also gives them the incentive to maintain their
> contribution, because their name is publicly associated with the work.
>
> What do you think?

Personally in the projects I do on krysalis I simply add the person to
the authors.

A one-line patch can be more important than the file itself, and making
the committer make the decision is not predictable enough.

The first author is the creator, and then the others.

But I repeat, this is my VHO.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -