cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy Lewis" <...@ascii27.net>
Subject Re: Separation to Phoenix and Avalon 5 [was Re: [RT] Cocoon Blocks]
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 19:43:21 GMT

<snip />

> So, I picture Cocoon being (or containing) two different containers:
>
> - an avalon component container (could be Fortress or Merlin)
> - a cocoon block container (could be based on Phoenix or we make our
> own)
>
> In that case, the way you write, use and deploy 'avalon components' in Cocoon and in
all other
> avalon containers is one thing. And this is totally independent on how your write, use
and
> deploy 'cocoon blocks', which behave on a completely different level.
>
> At least, this is my vision ATM, but I'm wide open to suggestions, expecially if they
make it
> easier to implement the concept of cocoon blocks :)
>
> --
>                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Ok...I could be just completely lost here...but....

If I have a custom transformer or generator that I wanted to deploy as a part of Coccon block,
can
I using that interface? And is it an Avalon component or not? Are there adidtional steps beyond
just making it a cocoon block?
--
"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."