cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [doc] policy for authorship credit
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 13:05:08 GMT

On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 08:39  AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Personally in the projects I do on krysalis I simply add the person to
> the authors.

You know, personally, I like to share credit as much as possible, even
when I do most of the work. It's easy to do, it's free to give, and for
the most part, everyone benefits. But not everyone thinks this way.

> A one-line patch can be more important than the file itself, and making
> the committer make the decision is not predictable enough.

Of course, but not always. Unfortunately, it gets subjective. I'm trying
to figure out what's fair.

> The first author is the creator, and then the others.

So, you are proposing anyone who submits a patch -- regardless of how
substantive -- gets added to the list of authors, after the creator? I
assume you are ok with the idea that revision content would still be
useful.

Diana