cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Cocoon Organization
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:59:44 GMT
On 31.Jul.2002 -- 09:27 AM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> We should split Cocoon into core development and component development
> efforts, much like Avalon does with Framework and Excalibur.  That will
> allow the components to be packaged in jars that serve a similar
> purpose.

In general, I agree. But I fear that many functional subprojects are
too small to be handled seperately.

> Things like all the database related components should be in their own
> mini-project.  Each mini-project has its own documentation, and its own

Which is a good example: We have ESQL (depends on XSP),
SQLTransformer, and two sets of Database*Actions. Putting all in one
subproject could be done. But from the deployment perspective, I would
perhaps use one or two, hardly all of them.

So, I reckon it boils down to someone with a good overview to suggest
the grouping scheme and prepare a layout. I would hope that everyone
would move the stuff they feel responsible for to the appropriate

C h r i s t i a n       H a u l

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message