cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: modular database action - hide null values on update
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:51:21 GMT
On 22.Jul.2002 -- 01:40 PM, Frank Taffelt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does it make sense to hide values for which the input-module gives null as
> result ?

Since the query is generated the first time and stored for reference,
it would mean to assemble the query every time. So no, I think it
doesn't make sense.

> why this ?
> the current behaviour forces you to feed each value, for each row being
> updated,  into the request as a hidden parameter. If i leave the fields
> blank or more likely they don't exist-  the update statement overrides
> existing values with null.

Exactly. But you could use another InputModule i.e. DefaultsMetaModule
to provide default values in such cases. Or create a different view to
the table that does not include extra values.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de