cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Internal Pipelines (was: [RT] reconsidering pipeline semantics)
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 15:07:19 GMT
On 04.Jul.2002 -- 03:20 PM, Christian Haul wrote:
> On 04.Jul.2002 -- 11:50 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> > The redirector used (ForwardRedirector) handles the special "cocoon:"
> > protocol as internal redirects (aka "forward") which should consider the
> > request as internal.
> >
> > However, I noticed Carsten has added a processInternal() method to
> > Processor and I wonder if there is some side-effects that break internal
> > pipelines. Can you check if internal pilepelines still work as expected
> > (using a simple cocoon: source) ? I unfortunately have no time to do it
> > myself.

Mmmh, looking at the stacktrace, ForwardRedirector is in the
(!this.internal) branch, method cocoonRedirect.

            if ( !this.internal ) {
                processingResult = actualProcessor.process(newEnv);
            } else {
                ProcessingPipeline pp = actualProcessor.processInternal(newEnv);
                if (pp != null) pp.release();
                processingResult = pp != null;
            }

Does it make sense to have external redirects handled by the
cocoonRedirect method at all? It seems that it is invoked only, if the
URL starts with "cocoon:" and thus should be internal, right?

Regarding the flow: It uses the existing Environment to call
AbstractInterpreter.forwardTo(), which in turn uses that very
Environment to obtain a Redirector. Since "internal" is a property of
that Environment, it cannot be "true" since the original request
wasn't internal.

Redirecting from a RedirectToURINode works much alike.

So?

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l