cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] reconsidering pipeline semantics
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 16:05:09 GMT
On Tuesday 02 July 2002 08:54 am, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> So, here is what I propose:
>
>  - add the 'pipeline' attribute to 'map:call'
>  - add the 'name' attribute to 'map:pipeline'
>  - deprecate the 'map:resources' element
>  - deprecate 'internal-only' attribute of 'map:pipeline'
>    [because named pipelines become implicitly internal-only]
>  - allow 'map:call' to be executed in any place, performing the pipeline
> overloading behavior I explained above.
>
> What do you think?

So to restate to make sure I got what you said:

 * Resources will go away
 * map:call will now call a named pipeline

and the most important change:

 * map:call now returns to the calling pipeline if the called pipeline does
not have a serializer.

If so, +1!

I have been abusing resources badly to achieve something like the above.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org