cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Delaying the release?
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:16:12 GMT
> From: Diana Shannon [mailto:shannon@apache.org]
>

> On Tuesday, July 2, 2002, at 09:22  AM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> > Lots of users.
> >
> > I'm, as developer, can work with CVS. Lots of the users can't.
>
> I think this is an education issue which can be addressed down the
road.

AFAIU the issue, this is the point in 20% of cases. Other 80% is
politics (it was hard enough to persuade usage of open source, and now
you have to explain that you need to use unreleased version?), malicious
IT (like outbound connections limited to only port 80), other similar
reasons I can't even imagine.

PS If I to use Cocoon in project at my current client, I also have to
base development on stable downloadable released version.

Vadim